MemcacheDB is a distributed key-value storage system designed for persistent. It is NOT a cache solution, but a persistent storage engine for fast and reliable key-value based object storage and retrieval. It conforms to memcache protocol(not completed, see below), so any memcached client can have connectivity with it. MemcacheDB uses Berkeley DB as a storing backend, so lots of features including transaction and replication are supported.
We stand on the shoulders of giants, MemcacheDB source code is based on Memcached.
MemcacheQ is a MemcacheDB variant that provides a simple message queue service.
- 12/25/2008 - MemcacheDB 1.2.1-beta is released.
- 11/24/2008 - MemcacheDB 1.2.0 is released.
- 08/28/2008 - MemcacheDB 1.1.0 is released.
- 08/28/2008 - MemcacheDB 1.0.4 is released.
- 03/15/2008 - Simple Message Queue: memcacheq 0.0.1 is released.
- High performance read/write for a key-value based object
- High reliable persistent storage with transcation
- High availability data storage with replication
- Memcache protocol compatibility
MemcacheDB is very fast. See our Benchmark.
MemcacheDB is compatible with memcache protocol, so any clients that support memcache protocol have connectivity with it.
But take a look at the commands now MemcacheDB supports:
Client APIs that supports memcache protocol can be found here.
- get(also mutiple get)
- set, add, replace
- incr, decr
Also some private commands are supported:
All basic documents are coming along with distribution, please check 'ChangeLog', 'README', 'INSTALL', 'doc/' in the source package.
MemcacheDB: A Complete Guide, written by Steve Chu, is a must-read material if you want to deploy MemcacheDB in your production environment.
The source code is licensed under a BSD-like License.
All versions on Google Code
Please take a look at 'ChangLog' file in the distribution, see what's new.
Please visit: http://code.google.com/p/memcachedb/source/checkout
MemcacheDB mailing list now hosts on Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/memcachedb
Please report your bugs and issues to the Maillist.
- To subscribe to maillist, send email to email@example.com
- To post to maillist, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To unsubscribe from maillist, send email to email@example.com
Last updated by stvchu: 01/16/2009